The other name for file wiping is File Shredding. It is the most secure way to get rid of files on your hard drive rather than erasing complete hard drive.
Disk Doctors File Shredder is an advanced file shredding application, which allows various easy options to shred files, folders, and unused space from a logical drive.
- File Shredder works with Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 or Windows 2000
- File Shredder eliminates files, folders and deleted data (Unused space shredding)
- Application can be password protected for access control
- Event log of the entire process is generated
- Deleted data can be removed permanently by shredding unused space
- Inbuilt scheduler to schedule shredding tasks, shred files at a specified time or at the startup of your Windows.
- Easy to use with its several on screen instructions and context sensitive help
- Section of user guide embedded with the application
- With the help of Context menu integration, files/folders can be added to the shredding zone. The option also offers "single click" shredding of files and folders
- Automatic live update is available to keep the software up-to-date