Recently I had a hard disk failure and so got a new one and its working perfectly. On the other hand my second hard drive is not being recognized by the computer after I inserted the new one. It doesn't contain any operating system rather only personal stuff. I have tried everything I could but all in vain.
Well, these types of hard drive issues normally occur with a lot of people these days. Therefore, just follow these steps carefully;
- Click Start .
- Go to Control Panel .
- Click on Administrative Tools (as per classic view).
- Go to computer management .
- Select Disk Management . There you will see your second hard drive but inactive.
- Well in order to make it active you need to right-click on the box that represents the desired drive and make it an active drive.
- Choose create partition (if it is applicable)
- Select format (if it is applicable)
- Wait until the drive change its status to healthy.
- Now your drive can be seen in My Computer as well as you can access your data.
Anyway in case you're still having some issues in accessing your hard drive then you can make a call at 1.800.347.5377.