Seagate Portable Hard Drive is not Recognized – Looking for Help?
I have been using my portable drive for quite a long time but now due to some unknown factors my Seagate portable hard drive is not recognized by the computer. The noise of device plugging-in is made by the computer but I never get the device letter or icon in my computer. However it’s working fine on other computers.
So I need some help in this regard?
Well, first of all you should go to ‘Disk Management’ to check whether your portable hard drive is showing up there or not. Presuming it’s not, well you have to follow these steps in order to get it done;
- Right-Click on My Computer icon
- Select the Manage option from the menu
- Go to Disk Management tab
- Now, see if it is there, then make a right-click on the drive and remove partitions (in case if there is no data reside on that).
- Now create a new partition with NTFS format as well as with default settings.
- Change the drive letter (Optional)
Well I hope, now you could see your portable hard drive in your computer. If not, then you should have an assistance of data recovery experts or you may talk about this with us at to fix it properly.