Recently, I had a hard disk failure and I purchased a new drive but the issue is that my new internal hard drive is not recognized all the time I plug it in my computer. I installed Windows 7 operating system on my PC and it is recognizing my new internal hard disk as an external hard drive. Please help me out in understanding what is going on and how do I handle this situation?
Well, you can try the following procedure in order to get rid of this situation.
- Click on the Start
- Right click on Computer and select Properties .
- Then select the Device Manager which is displayed at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now, click the little triangle and explore the category of Disk Drive .
- Right click on your specific drive and select Properties .
- Navigate to the Policies tab.
- If you find an option of Optimize for Quick Removal or something similar to it, then uncheck that option or turn it off.
Still if it doesn't get recognized then your hard drive might have got corrupted and needs to be repaired with the help of a reliable hard drive recovery service. If not then, call up at 1.800.347.5377 for further instructions.